Lasagna is one of those meals that are comforting and delicious, but take so much time to make that it’s often reserved for the occasional weekend—until now!
This lasagna is super easy and fast to make—it’s basically just the time it takes to assemble. I ended up putting this together at 8:30 on Sunday night then popping it in the oven when I came home from work on Monday.
If you decide to refrigerate this before cooking, stop at step four and reserve some sauce and shredded cheese to top off the lasagna just before popping it into the oven.
Chicken Sausage and Spinach Lasagna
Serves 6-12 depending on the size pan you use. I used a 9″ square and got about 6 servings. If you use a bigger pan than that, you will probably want to increase the ingredients.
1 package No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 package of Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage (fully cooked)
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
1 bag shredded mozzarella
1 (8oz.) container tofu cream cheese (you can substitute ricotta cheese)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (consult the noodle package for cooking temperature and time as it may differ from the brand I purchased)
2. Cut sausage links in half, remove casing, slice halves into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Pour some sauce into the bottom of your pan. Top with noodles spread with cream cheese (it’s much easier to do this on the counter then place the noodles in the pan rather then top the noodles in the pan).
4. Layer with spinach, sausage and mozzarella.
5. Repeat the process two more times, ending with sauce and mozzarella.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
7. Remove foil and continue cooking until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
8. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.