I’m a sandwich fan. I believe they are the perfect food—a lovely little package that delivers items from all the food groups. What could be better?
I’m in a total artichoke phase at the moment. Tender, brine-y, delicious, they are a lovely accompaniment to a wide range of foods: sandwiches, pasta, salads.
Turkey, Bacon and Artichoke Grilled Cheese
2 pieces of bread
1-2 slices cheddar cheese
2-3 slices deli turkey
3 slices cooked bacon
1-3 artichoke hearts, sliced
1. Spread butter on 1 side of each piece of bread.
2. On the opposite side of one or both slices of bread, spread mayonnaise.
3. Layer bread (with butter side out), cheese, turkey, bacon, artichokes and bread (butter side out).
4. I prefer to cook this low and slow. In a pan over low to medium low heat, place the grilled cheese sandwich. Lay a sheet of aluminum foil on top of the pan (this will help the cheese melt).
5. Keep and eye on the sandwich and flip when browned to your liking. Repeat the cooking process.